Oneida’s team hope you and your loved ones are well.
The COVID-19 epidemic has caused unprecedented repercussions on the health, economic and above all human level. After months of worries and uncertainties, sailing uncharted waters, we are finally ready to restart and we want to do it with all our energy.
We desire this restart with all of ourselves.
Of course, the risks at sea are lower. The long-awaited wind, insulation and fresh air greatly reduce the risk of contagion, but this does not mean that we can forget the rules that allow us to protect ourselves all.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff are our main interest.
The Oneida team has designed a series of rules, guidelines and procedures, with the recommendations set out by the World Health Organization (WHO) and ECDC, that will guarantee the reduction of the risk of contagion and the protection of our customers and crew, for a stay in total safety.
BEFORE THE CHARTER
- We guarantee a full internal and external disinfection of the boat before each charter with a specific and professional treatment, as outlined by WHO and ECDC. Of course, we will disinfect snorkels, diving fins and other toys, the tender (after each trip, also) and everything you can find onboard.
- We will do a Covid-19 test for each crew member and you can ask to see the exam results
- Before meeting your crew for your long-awaited yacht charter, we kindly ask that you monitor your temperature regularly, especially the night before and the morning of departure. If your temperature does not exceed 37.5°C and you do not present any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 (cough, fever, abnormal fatigue, …), you can board the boat and regain your freedom!
- We will make a full disinfection of our guest luggage and shoes at boarding and during the trip
- We want to reassure you that Crew’s members contacts with external persons will be restricted as much as possible.
- Delivery will be preferred over in-person grocery shopping. Before your charter, check about the possibility of getting groceries delivered on board to your boat. As in all public places, maintain barrier gestures when shopping. Wear a mask and gloves if possible and allow a maximum of 2 persons to go into the supermarket. We will do a full disinfection of groceries after their delivery.
DURING THE CHARTER
- Hand sanitizers, masks, and gloves will be available for all guests and crew members in each cabin and common areas.
- We recommend you to take your temperature every morning (there will be also a “health book” onboard).
- if you have a fever or other flu symptoms, immediately notify a crew member: they will know how to behave better
- Be sure to maintain the social distancing rules where possible – favour side-by-side rather than face-to-face interactions and wash your hands several times a day with soap or alcohol-based gel.
- Ventilate the boat and cabins regularly when weather and sailing conditions permit.
- All contact surfaces (doorknobs, chairs, stair ramps etc.) will be disinfected frequently by a member of the crew
- Onboard you will be provided with local emergency numbers and a “what to do” guide.
Feel free to ask for any further information or clarification you may need.
We are looking forward to welcoming you onboard of Oneida.
Stay safe and take care,